Reasons to use Lubella by Ecopipo Reusable Cloth Sanitary Menstrual Pads?
Are there any real reasons to swap “innocent” disposable sanitary products for Lubella by Ecopipo reusable cloth sanitary menstrual pads?
Just last May the UK parliament approved a motion to declare an environment and climate emergency.
What this really means for you and me is that we need to change some of our habits sooner rather than later.
Our fragile world cannot sustain for much longer the use of single-use plastic since it’s made mainly by the constant extraction of fossil fuels.
What is the problem with single-use pads and tampons?
Disposable pads and disposable tampons contain single-use plastic, a pad is made of up to 90% plastic and a tampon contains nearly 10% of it.
We are becoming more and more aware of the danger of plastic pollution and its effects on our planet, so why not make a small but significant change and use this reusable pad.
There is no better time to make a change of habits to contribute to the slowdown of the destruction of our precious world.
With Lubella by Ecopipo Reusable Cloth Sanitary Pads is very simple to do your bit.
Lubella cloth pads are, without a doubt, better for the environment and although they have a waterproof plastic element, they do not harm the world as they can be reused and reused for many years to come.
The cost of single-use products:
Did you know that the average woman uses roughly 11,000 tampons and pads in her lifetime?
According to the Money Saving Expert page, the average cost of menstrual sanitary products is 12.5 p ea.
Let’s make some sums:
11,000 pads x 12.5 p = average cost of £1,375.00.
When you buy Lubella by Ecopipo pads keep in mind that they last about 6 to 7 years (if you look after them well, they can last longer).
Even if you have 25 pads, that is the average pads/tampons used by women in the UK you will only spend £898.50 (not all at once, don’t panic!)
|The average amount of pads per woman||The average total cost of pads||The average cost of a kit of 25 reusable pads||6 kits to cover the average 38 years of menstruation||Total saving|
Cloth pads can cost more upfront than a pack of disposables, but they last for a long time, making them more cost-effective. Think of the savings!
However, not only you will save money in the long run, but remember more importantly you will help to save our planet.
What benefits are there for me?
- On a personal well-being level, Lubella by Ecopipo cloth pads are kinder to your most sensitive skin.
- Their soft microfleece and cotton lining wick moist making you feel dry during your days.
- The soft absorbency core will keep all liquids locked up and the PUL waterproof layer will stop any leakages while allowing your skin to breathe.
- All fabrics are free of any nasty chemical making them very safe for you to use. In fact, all our fabrics are free of phthalate and banned azo dyes as required under the very strict European regulations.
- Sadly disposable pad manufacturers aren’t required to list all of the chemicals in the pads. Some consumer watchdogs have done some testing on them and said they show indications that they may contain dioxins, synthetic fibres, and petrochemical additive, and other nasties. You also can read more here
As you can see switching to a Reusable Cloth Pad will benefit your wallet, your well-being, and more importantly our planet.
How to choose your pads sizes?
- Every woman’s flow is different and you know your own needs better than anybody else’s.
- When choosing reusable pads just think in the amount of single-use pads you wear and what type you need.
- Then just simply substitute them for reusable ones.
- Pantyliners for your light days;
- Regular ones for most days,
- and night time pads for your heaviest days or for sleeping without worries.
How are these pads made?
Each pad features:
- A waterproof PUL outer side (the pretty print, that sets on the top pf your underwear).
- The PUL layer keeps you free of leaks whilst allowing your skin to breathe.
- A 3 layered core inside composed of bamboo and microfibre allowing the pads to be highly absorbent.
- A microfleece/cotton layer directly in contact with your skin to keep you fresh and dry.
- An anatomic shape that adapts to your body and wings with poppers to keep the pad secure and in place.
How I can wash them?
- They wash very well in the washing machine.
- You can keep them up to 3 days in a wet bag (dry pile)
- Rinse with cold water first, wash preferably at 40 degrees, and if possible with biodegradable soap or detergent.
- Dry in the line or if necessary they can be tumble dry at low heat for a short period of time.
One last word before you choose your pads.
All our Lubella Ecopipo Reusable Cloth Pads have our Ecopipo’s unique guarantee for your extra peace of mind!
Please see all terms and conditions here
Remember every time you use a reusable pad you are doing your bit to save the world!!