Ecopipo®’s UK retailers Policy
Thank you for applying to become an Ecopipo® UK retailer.
Ecopipo® is a family business that has been making environmentally friendly reusable products for baby and mum for the last 8 years. We have always been passionate about looking after the world and pride ourselves in offering you safe, affordable, well-made reliable products with our unique guarantee of up to 2 years in some parts of the products.
Aims of this policy
To position properly the Ecopipo® brand on the European market and to have a healthy competition in the sale of Ecopipo® products (products).
Laura Finnegan t/a Ecopipo® UK & Europe (the importer) has adopted the following guidelines (policy).
This policy is effective from the 15th of March 2018.
1. This policy only applies to all retailers who purchase Ecopipo® products for retail to the public in the UK.
2. This policy applies specifically to Ecopipo® products and does not intend to limit in anyway how retailers market other product lines or in any way inhibit agreements with other manufacturers.
3. This policy does not constitute a party agreement, only the importer has authority to modify or derogate this policy.
4. The relationship between the importer and retailers is a VOLUNTARY arrangement that may be terminated in writing by either party at any time, for any reason or without reason, with prior written notice to the other party
1. All Ecopipo® retailers based in the UK, must comply with the following recommended terms of retailing, prices and discounts.
2. The importer has unilaterally decided, at this moment in time, to only do business with retailers who wish to retail the products to the final consumer either via an on-line shop or with a physical shop, or both.
3. Therefore, no retailers can sell any product to individuals, companies or organizations of any kind, whose purpose is to buy the products for resale to other people.
4. All Ecopipo®’s retailers based in the UK may sell Ecopipo® products to any European country where free trade of goods is permitted, as part of the agreements between the European Union and the European Free Trade Association.
5. Ecopipo®’s UK retailers are not granted exclusivity or restriction to a geographical area within the whole of the European continent.
6. Ecopipo®’s UK retailers cannot sell Ecopipo® products to any customer with residency outside Europe.
Pricing and Recommended Retail Price (RRP)
1. Under the terms of this policy, the recommended retail price (RRP) is defined as the price paid by the end consumer (customer) of any Ecopipo® product.
2. The RRP is established by the importer in pound sterling.
3. Any Ecopipo® product that appears electronically on any platform of the Internet or in printed materials must be accompanied by the price of that product.
4. Retailers cannot omit the RRP price, and instead use terms like “see the special price”, “send us an email for special prices”, or any other phrase that implies a lower price or is designed to hide the RRP.
5. We strongly recommend and would expect that you maintain the retail price at or near the RRP in pound sterling or equivalent in any other European currency, according to the current exchange rate, so as to maintain desirability and not to devalue this quality product.
6. The attached retailers’ price list and RRP is subject to revision at the importer’s discretion, and if any amendments are applicable, retailers will be notified in advance and prior to Ecopipo® UK & Europe accepting and processing a new order.
7. Retailers must sell Ecopipo® products at the same equivalent price throughout UK and Europe, taking current rates into account.
Pricing for Products considered as seconds
1. The pricing policy discussed above applies only to premium products. It does not apply to damaged goods, for example stained products, or any product with minor manufacturing faults not affecting the expected operation of the product as well as preloved nappies approved by the importer. These products will be considered as seconds.
2. Products classified as seconds, will occasionally be available at a discount price to retailers for retail as seconds.
3. The sale of products and items considered as seconds must be clearly identified as such by the retailer and on the retailer’s website and must be agreed with Ecopipo® UK & Europe’s before being advertised as such.
4. The sale of incomplete products is not allowed, not even as seconds as Ecopipo® guarantees the proper functioning of its products to consumers.
1. The importer will set promotional prices periods. These periods will be communicated to retailers in advance by electronic notification.
2. Retailers may participate in the promotional offers during the promotional periods.
3. Retailers will be able to receive compensation for these discounts and such as compensation will be agreed and notified by the importer prior to the commencement of the promotional period.
4. There is no obligation for a retailer to participate in these promotional periods.
5. Retailers will be able to promote on an on-going basis the offer of a free organic bamboo booster when customer buys three pocket nappies in the same transaction.
Discount policies that can be applied by retailers.
1. As part of promotional sales, specific discounts may be offered to customers on an ongoing basis. Below are the only discounts allowed by Ecopipo® UK & Europe. Remember we are selling a quality product and the aim is to attract increased sales.
a) A discount of 5% on packages of 6 nappies (or 5 nappies and 1 accessory).
b) A discount of 8% on a purchase of 7 to 10 nappies (nappies plus up to 2 accessories)
c) A discount of 10% on a purchase of 11 to 14 nappies (nappies plus up to 2 accessories)
d) A discount of 15% on a purchase of 15 to 20 nappies (nappies plus up to 3 accessories)
2. Retailers will be able to advertise these discounts if they wish.
3. Discounts higher than these are not recommended.
4. No further discount is recommended in more than 20 nappies.
5. The above discount is granted at the discretion of the retailer and the importer will not compensate or reduce the price to the retailer to be passed to the last consumer.
6. We suggest that discounts should only be valid and apply for purchases of the specific number of nappies in one transaction.
7. In the specific case of retailer’s anniversaries or store openings the importer will allow a reduction of 10% in all products. However, the importer must be informed and permission must be sought by the retailer and given in written by the importer. The importer will compensate the 10% passed to the final consumer.
8. In other to avoid concerns with other retailers, any other discount for any special occasion, ie, national reusable nappies promotion, baby shows, etc., must be approved by the Ecopipo® UK & Europe.
9. In these special occasions, the importer will compensate the promotional efforts of the retailer, but only if they have been agreed prior of the commencement of the special occasion.
10. The importer reserves the right to stop supplying goods to the retailer offers if the retailer offers higher discounts or gifts that the recommended by the importer or if the retailers without previously agreement with the importer.
Permission to use Ecopipo®’s images
By becoming an Ecopipo®’s UK Retailer, the importer grants local retailers the permission to use images, logos, videos, and advertising required for the sale and promotion of Ecopipo®’s products.
Below are guidelines that must be fulfilled in order not to damage the brand image and the credibility of the product:
1. Any Ecopipo® image that retailers use for promotion, can be used only for the promotion of Ecopipo®, it will be understood as a fault, the use of our images for the promotion of other products or brands.
2. The logo should not be modified in any way, as it represents the brand and has Intellectual Property Protection throughout the European Union, European Free Trade Association countries and any other country with inclusion in Europe.
3. Retailers can use all marketing materials supplied by Ecopipo® UK & Europe, this include tailored Ecopipo® brand marketing material for special occasions.
4. Ecopipo® has a design department to support retailers to develop advertising for our products.
5. If a retailer wishes to produce his/her own advertisement for example, to attend a promotional fair or to participate in a specific campaign in the country of the retailer, it must be authorised first by. Ecopipo® UK & Europe.
6. To obtain graphic material free of charge from our design service, it must be requested, without exception, 4 weeks in advance.
7. Retailers are not allowed to use any Ecopipo®’s image or logo next to images of any products that are not of Ecopipo® brand.
8. For retailers who only wish to sell Ecopipo® products the importer will provide them with a profile photo and a photo for the Facebook cover banner with the legend “Authorised Retailer “.
9. For retailers who only sell Ecopipo® products, it is suggested that their social media or web page name begin with “Ecopipo® Retailer and the name of their city/ country” for faster identification by the customers. However, it is not necessary to have an Ecopipo® specialist page as long as the above image guidelines are respected.
10. In the case that the products are sold online or in a physical store already established, Ecopipo® UK & Europe will provide them with the seal of Ecopipo®’ “authorised retailer”.
11. The contact details of all the authorised retailers will be added to the web pages: www.ecopipo.com; www.ecopipoclothnappies.com and www.ecopipo.co.uk
Facebook and other social networks
1. Retailers may share the publications of the Facebook fan page of Ecopipo cloth nappies.
2. Retailers are allowed any type of competition, contest, prize giving or promotion of Ecopipo® products in Facebook and other social networks as long as they adhere to the guidelines of the social networks and this retailer’s guidelines. https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php/?ref=u2u
3. Competition, contest, prize giving or promotion of Ecopipo® products will be supported by the importer but must be authorised prior to the start, by Ecopipo® UK & Europe.
4. Facebook can be used for the sale of products but it is the responsibility of the retailer to provide a correct receipt of each sale in order to make valid the warranty of the products.
5. It is strictly prohibited to use e-bay or similar pages to auction any of our products.
When you sign these polices electronically you accept that you have read in full and agreed to comply with them.
Ecopipo® UK & Europe the importer, will notify immediately to the retailer if any of these policies are noted as not been complied.